Steering Committee Meeting (via Zoom)
Monday Sept 18 2023– 7:30PM
1. a liquor license request for the business Affordable Spirits, at 1151 Chattahoochee Ave. Application details will be published to the neighborhood via blog, if any problems rely on NPU and Liquor License representation, as it will be heard at NPU-D 09/26/23, before next UHNA meeting.
2. a parking reduction request from 888 spaces to 183 for an indoor go-cart racing operation at the cul-de-sac end of 1310 Seaboard Industrial Blvd. The property has an existing reduction to 150 spaces. No exterior changes to property. UHNA will not oppose.
3. Possible subdivision of 2 lots into 3 on Springer St. Would require legislation to convert 2 lots to 3, 50’x164’, similar to Matissa St. No application yet, but developer wanted to get UHNA thoughts on the proposal. No obvious problems with the idea.
4. Discussion whether to support draft BCN Loud Car Task Force Resolution General support for the draft resolution with some exceptions. Will forward email feedback to BCN.
5. 1990 Defoor Ave NW Proposed rezoning and change to density; results of Traffic and other studies by Applicant, community feedback.
The applicant presented the results of the 24/7 Noise study and Traffic Study, as agreed at last meeting.
The Noise study presented issues which cause them to re-evaluate the proposal, due to the significant added expense. They’ve agreed to inform the neighborhood of their intentions by the end of September.
UHNA will keep the community informed of developments but at the moment it’s up in the air.