Do you love your neighborhood? Do you wish that there was more you could do to take an active role in making Underwood Hills an even more amazing place to live?
Well you’re in luck, because the UHNA elections are right around the corner. The following positions are open to all who are interested. While one person is officially elected for each position, we encourage people to get involved in the committees, as many of the steering committee positions are best handled by a few people. With a little time from some great neighbors, we can continue to ensure Underwood Hills is a great place to live!
Please contact Adam Karcz with questions or to express interest in a position.
President – Presides over the Association
VP – Fills in for President as needed, handles special projects
Secretary – Keeps official records for the Association
Treasurer – Manages the funds of the Association
- Beautification – Schedule neighborhood cleanups of entrances and common areas, coordinate with Park Committee on park cleanups and events
- Communications – Maintains all communications and sponsorship for the Association including the website, eNewsletter, annual printed news flyer, and sponsorships. This is best served by a committee consisting of:
- Sponsorship – Solicit sponsorship, keep record of sponsors, maintain sponsorship rate sheet, follow up on all new sponsor requests, receive and review sponsorship and coordinate with newsletter
- Webmaster – Update calendar on UHNA website, add news and announcements submitted by board members, work with Treasurer to keep hosting and domain accounts up to date, and post meeting minutes
- Newsletter – Collect newsletter items from committee members, edit content, publish regular eNewsletters, publish at least one printed newsletter/flyer annually
Land Use and Planning – Leads the Planning Committee, represents the interests of Underwood Hills in zoning and development related issues facing the neighborhood, coordinates code enforcement issues
Membership – Responsible for maintaining the membership list in conjunction with the Treasurer and Secretary, encourage membership in the Association, coordinate an annual membership drive
Play Group – Coordinate Play Group activities such as Friday play dates at the park, Halloween Party, Easter Egg Hunt; collect Play Group dues and deliver to Treasurer; encourage payment of Play Group dues to fund activities
Social/Welcome – Organize social activities for Underwood Hills residents (such as the annual Spring Social) and welcome new residents to the neighborhood
Traffic and Safety – Coordinate with the City of Atlanta and Underwood Hills residents and businesses to develop and maintain a safe environment in Underwood Hills, including communicating with APD contacts, posting crime reports, organizing neighborhood watch or patrol (if applicable), working with Department of Public Works on traffic related issues
Elections – Identify and/or recruit candidates to run for each elected position, educate residents on the positions available, encourage involvement in the Steering Committee