The Underwood Hills Neighborhood Association has a neighborhood Security Patrol staffed by off-duty Atlanta Police Department (APD) officers who have a specific cell phone available to residents that are members of the Underwood Hills Security Patrol. This number can be used to report suspicious activity or request other assistance. The security officer will drive either an APD cruiser or a marked personal vehicle and will be armed and can make arrests on the spot. They have access to their dispatch radio as if they are on duty, allowing them to respond to emergencies in the area potentially faster than an on duty patrol officer. Questions? See our FAQ page (Frequently Asked Questions) for more information or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you become a member of the Security Patrol?
- The cost to become a member of the security patrol is minimal – only $250/year per household. Consider that one insurance deductible for a smashed car window is typically $500 or more to replace a stolen laptop. This is less than 69 cents per day!
- As a Security Patrol member, you will receive a sign for your yard, have direct access to our Security Patrol officers via phone and email, and when the officer is on duty, you can request out of town services such as doing a perimeter safety walk of your home and pulling in trash cans, mail and newspapers.
- If you are part of an un-gated townhome or condo community and are interested in the patrol for multiple residents, please email us to inquire about special pricing. Please note that it may not be feasible to add a single unit in a larger townhome or condo community to the patrol. Please email us to discuss if you are interested in joining on your own. The best way to ensure adequate patrol is to have multiple members.
- Our intention is for this to be a residential patrol, but if you are a commercial business owner in the neighborhood and are interested in participating, please reach out so we can discuss.
There are several ways to join the Security Patrol.
- Mail a check in the amount of $250 payable to Underwood Hills Neighborhood Association to P.O. Box 19914, Atlanta, GA 30325 (email us for an address for neighborhood drop off). Please email email@example.com if you are putting a check in the mail so we can look out for it and include your name, address, and contact phone number in the email.
- Send $250 via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org (send money to Friends & Family from your bank account or PayPal balance to avoid fees).
- Use the PayPal button below to pay via credit card.
The Underwood Hills Crime Watch involves anyone and everyone helping to keep our neighborhood as safe as possible. All neighbors are encouraged to be vigilant and keep watch whenever they can. As the Atlanta Police Department (APD) likes to say, “nosy neighbors make safe neighborhoods.”
APD encourages anyone to call 911 if they observe any suspected criminal activity anywhere. Right away. Don’t hesitate, and don’t hang up if put on hold. Just wait out holds if you can. If you are the victim of a crime, no matter how petty, call 911 to report it to APD. Patrols are determined by crime patterns, so if you do not report a car break-in (even if nothing was stolen), APD has no way of knowing that criminals may be in our neighborhood more than the data they have on hand. Our community’s safety and strength is everyone’s responsibility in Underwood Hills.